Diet plays an important role in prevention against high cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia) and diabetes (hyperglycemia). Discover what foods you should include and avoid controlling your cholesterol level and blood sugar:
1. Regime, the first step:
The plan is the first step towards the treatment of hypercholesterolemia; never take medical treatment before trying the diet for at least six months.
In addition, in the case of diabetes, we find that the low blood sugar level rises by eating fatty foods, sugar… which brings us to say that there is a relationship between eating and the rate of blood glucose and cholesterol, the evidence is that most people who suffer from overweight are reaching cholesterol and diabetes.
It is therefore important to understand the appropriateness of the caloric intake of the regime to the needs of the individual and control quantities of fat consumed, helps to prevent and control the occurrence of cardiovascular disease.
2. Dietary advice:
- Achieve a proper weight through a healthy and balanced, with adequate necessities of the person, losing weight is an operation that must be followed by a specialist especially for obese person suffering from a disease.
- It is important to moderate and reduce fat intake and especially animal fats high in cholesterol.
- Choose low-fat meats like turkey.
- Opt for consumption of fish rich in omega 3 instead of meat.
- It is permissible to eat 2-4 eggs per week depending on your level of cholesterol.
- Avoid high-fat food preparation such as frying.
- The pre-prepared meals or canned food are not recommended.
- Use olive oil.
- Read the product name tags and choose the lowest-fat.
- Avoid cakes and ice cream.
- If you eat out always choose the light menu.
- Increase your intake of fiber and antioxidants such as cereals, vegetables and fruits.
- Avoid alcohol and soft drinks.
- Moderate your intake of sugars, jams, candies…
- Stop smoking and do some exercise.
3. Recommended foods:
Cereals and their derivatives, milk and non-fatty derivatives, poor materials oily meat and fish, vegetables rich in fiber, 2 to 4 eggs a week, fruit except the coconut, mineral water, the olive oil, soybean oil etc…..
4. Foods not to eat:
White bread, cakes, sweets, fatty meats, soft drinks, potatoes, coconut… etc..