There are many dilemmas about whether milk is good or not. Many people will seriously affect the stomach and did not finish tolerate at all, while on the other hand yogurt not only tend not to sit wrong but also protect, assist and regulate our stomach and our intestinal system.
One yoghurt per day favors our flora also facilitating tolerance of different foods that otherwise would be much heavier, burning and damaging.
Yogurts are the basis of different recipes. And it is that they serve for almost everything, and any sauce, in any recipe, gives an exquisitely, in addition to being very natural and very digestive.
Why yogurt is a good substitute for milk?
The yogurt like that is dairy milk. However the yogurt, which is a derivative of milk, is made through this bacterial fermentation so that sugars are transformed into acids and therefore lactose is converted into lactic acid. Therefore, yogurt is much better tolerated than milk.
Also allows tolerate lactose in a more progressive way with milk. In the case of yogurt doubts are dispelled and it is absolutely true that it is very important to incorporate into our diets to primarily regulate our intestinal flora. Why? Because the vast majority of the yogurt have active bacteria as probiotics that recompose the bacterial flora.
Yogurt has exceptional nutritional value, with high quality protein, vitamins and minerals.
Disadvantages of milk
Milk and osteoporosis
The countries where the most milk is consumed are the countries with the highest rates of osteoporosis. There are specialists who say that the acidification caused by milk is compensated by the body with calcium extracted from the bones, but although scientific studies say that the milk does not help prevent osteoporosis, not considered guilty.
The mixture of different minerals and certain proteins in milk make their calcium is not as assimilable as other products, such as sesame seeds for example. That is why the reputation of milk as the main source of calcium is being questioned, especially because most scientific studies point this out.
Casein: Glue in the body
Milk contains a protein called casein that is very complicated to digest. When our metabolism overflows health and the enzymes work at full capacity, there is no problem. But over the years our body does not digest with the same efficiency and the abusive consumption of milk causes this protein to be deposited in the form of glue, favoring gastrointestinal, infectious and respiratory diseases.
The milk is one of the most food contaminated market. Pesticides and transgenic feed of cows, hormones, antibiotics and other medicines, toxic chemicals that are added in the manufacturing process and packaging … make milk an authentic cocktail of poisonous substances whose impact on human health is discovered on the day a day. Therefore, there is no doubt about the benefits of consuming milk, or any other product, of ecological origin.
The concentration of fat in milk (and dairy products in general) is much higher than that of meat. According biochemist and nutritionist, a single cup of milk contains 34mg of cholesterol, while a slice of bacon only has 3mg.
Benefits of yogurt with respect to milk
- Its nutritional value in terms of calcium and fatty acids is very similar to that of milk.
- Its proteins and fats are easier to digest than those of milk.
- The lactic acid helps in calcium absorption, so the contribution of this mineral is more efficient than in the case of milk.
- It favors the health of the intestinal flora, while milk can harm it thanks to the action of casein.
- Its aspect probiotic is a good defense against intestinal infections and stimulates the immune system.
- Yogurt is recommended in case of alterations such as diarrhea or constipation.
What are the properties of yogurt?
- Helps strengthen bones because it contain carbohydrates, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, calcium and vitamin B12.
- It is a great source of energy.
- It reduces some types of cancer, such as those of colon or breast.
- It facilitates digestion and assimilation of food by properties containing its enzymes.
- They are perfect for homemade face masks for the face, as it provides hydration and helps to close the extensive pores.
- As stated above properties regulate intestinal flora, which will help if you have gastrointestinal problems or problems with constipation.
What does the quality of a yogurt depend on?
The quality of a yogurt depends fundamentally on two important aspects:
The quality of the milk that is used as a basis for the preparation of yoghurt
If it is milk intoxicated with hormones, antibiotics and other chemical delicacies, yogurt, no matter how many probiotics it contains, will also overflow toxins. The best option: organic milk. Of all the milks, it seems that the most suitable is sheep’s milk for the quality of its proteins and its acids.
The quality of microorganisms that ferment milk
Each ferment has its characteristic flavor. For example, Greek yogurt does not contain the same microorganisms as bifidus. At this point it is important to note that the lactobacilli are disappearing after 24 hours from the preparation of yogurt, so the best option is homemade yogurt.
Taking into account all these aspects and if you are one of those people who find it difficult to go without dairy, it seems reasonable to think that one yogurt a day is not harmful but, depending on the quality of the milk and the microorganisms that they have fermented it, it can generate some interesting benefits in our intestine. The healthiest option:
- Use sheep’s milk from organic livestock.
- Make yogurt at home and consume it before 24 hours.
If you not well tolerate milk, yogurt is the perfect choice.