The lifestyle we lead and our bad habits are mainly responsible for type 2 diabetes that touches on our door. But some fundamental recommendations can help you to prevent it.
It is the most common of diabetes and in recent years the number of patients has increased dramatically, becoming a major concern for all healthcare sectors. Poor diet and lack of physical activity are important responsibility, but change is in our hands. We give six basic steps by which to begin.
- Reduce consumption of saturated fats such as lean meats, sausages and fried foods. Prefer lighter options but equally delicious.
- The processed sugar is a great enemy, pastries, cookies etc, should become occasional part of your diet and not commonplace. If you want sweet prefers fresh fruits or black chocolate.
- The alcohol is great to celebrate in a special night, but do not become a frequent habit because the body converts it into sugar by increasing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Increase your intake of fruits, vegetables and legumes and prefer straightforward presentations dishes instead of those greasy, sauces and condiments.
- Been exercise, whatever, walking, running, swimming, going to the gym, play sports, but move your body at least 3 times a week.
- Realize full blood examination once a year to make sure your values are normal, this is one of the best ways to prevent disease and ensure that you are well.