Drinking rose water brings surprising health and skin benefits for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, as well as being an excellent source of vitamins (A, B, C, D and E) and flavonoids. Discover everything that hides the water of roses behind its particular fragrance and, above all, how to prepare it.
Rose water is much more than a cosmetic, and in fact, its origin goes back to ancient Persia (Iran). Its topical use (to apply to the skin or hair) and to spray (as a spray for its relaxing effect) are its most popular applications, but rose water has proved to be an excellent tonic for overall health, and can be taken for relieving numerous discomforts.
Benefits of drinking rose water
- It promotes hydration of the skin, hair and nails.
- Removes skin blemishes.
- Prevents premature aging of the skin due to its antioxidant effect.
- Improves mood.
- Relieves stress and symptoms of depression.
- Reduce anxiety.
- Improves the digestive system.
- Avoid constipation.
- Improves breathing by its bronchodilator effect in colds and flu.
- It relieves coughing and works as a good remedy for sore throat.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Relieves headaches and mental tension.
- Reduces fluid retention in the body.
- Reduces signs of unsightly stretch marks.
- Reduces signs of fatigue and fatigue.
- Helps fight to skin infections.
- Prevents bladder infections.
- Relieves eye infections.
- Helps to fight bad breath or halitosis.
- Relieves inflammation of the gums.
How to prepare rose water at home
Preparing rose water is very easy. We only need water (1 liter) and rose petals (500 grams).
- Put the petals, after cleaning, in a pan and add the water.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Put on the fire and boil for 10 minutes.
- After this time, lower to simmer, cover the pan and leave another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for at least one hour.
- Filter and let cool in the refrigerator.
Rose water infusion
- Put to heat water and when it starts to boil add a handful of rose petals.
- Leave to heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let stand for a few minutes.
- Filter before taking.