It is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and enzymes for digestive health. In the below we describe some benefits offered by the papaya:
- It helps to fight constipation. Papaya consumption either natural, juice, smoothie or as part of a salad, stimulates the movement or bowel motility of the intestine.
- The World Health Organization, WHO, recommended to eat 30 grams of fiber a day to have a good intestinal transit, preventing constipation problems and prevent digestive complications.
- Eliminates intestinal parasites. Papaya seeds contain high levels of proteolytic enzymes and an alkaloid called carpaine has shown serve to eliminate intestinal parasites worms and amoebas.
- It has a high content of vitamin C. This fruit has about 80 milligrams of vitamin C per 100 grams, which is equivalent to the amount that can bring an orange over 150 grams.
- This fruit is a friend of the skin, as it is a great source of antioxidants, vitamin C and E and beta-carotene, helping to protect the skin.
- It is good for the eyes. You can protect against the development of cataracts, glaucoma and other eye diseases.
- It is a good source of folic acid.
- It improves blood flow.
- It is low in calories. This fruit is often included in weight loss diets.