The vision of the child develops gradually over time. The main stages of visual development are:
- Follow the light that shines: from the earliest days of birth.
- Contact with the mother: from 6 weeks
- Interest shiny objects: 2 to 3 months
- Eye movements coordinated: 4 months.
The vision of the child is less than that of adults and progresses through time:
- 1 month: 5% of the vision of the adult
- 2 to 4 months: 20% of the vision of the adult
- 1 year: 30 to 40% of the vision of the adult
- 3 to 4 years: 80 to 100% of the vision of the adult.