Prostate cancer is a malignant tumor that develops in the prostate; gland the size of a walnut, located below the bladder and produces the fluid portion of semen.
Initially, the tumor remains within the outer capsule of the prostate, but with increasing size, is spread through the capsule and into the tissues surrounding the prostate.
Cancer cells also can be inferred from the primary tumor.
The lymphatic ganglion, near to the prostate, traps and becomes secondary tumors, or metastases. In addition, the tumor can spread through the blood vessels, producing metastases in the back, spine and pelvis…
The main symptoms of prostate cancer are:
- Frequent urination, more at night
- Urine output weak, interrupted or painful
- Blood in the urine
- Pain in pelvis, hip, spine, ribs
- Loss of appetite and weight.
Among the factors that increase the chances of developing this cancer are the following:
Age: The chance of having prostate cancer increases after age 50. More than 80% are diagnosed after 65 years. If men reach very advanced ages, virtually everyone would have prostate cancer.
Diet: Excessive fat intake and inadequate intake of fruits and vegetables play an important role in the development of prostate cancer.
Physical activity: The realization of regular physical activity and having a proper weight significantly reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
Hereditary factor: A family history of prostate cancer (uncles, brothers, father, etc.) in particular when diagnosed before age 60 years or even breast cancer, would put a man in the high risk group.
Preventive remedy against prostate cancer
- Pour 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil to a glass of orange juice. Take 1 glass per day. This remedy helps aa naturally balance hormones of the prostate.
- Consume several tomatoes in salads on a daily basis. Lycopene is a nutrient that is found in abundance in tomatoes. It is a natural cures for prostate cancer stage 4. It is a powerful antioxidant which, according to studies, reduces the possibility of developing this type of cancer.
- Pour 1 teaspoon oregano in a cup of boiling water. Cover and let cool. Take a cup daily.
- Eating pipes or pumpkin seeds. These seeds are rich in vitamin E, which, according to studies, reduced by one third the risk of developing this cancer.
- Pour 1 teaspoon pygeum africanum bark (native plant of North and Central Africa) and 1 teaspoon nettle in a cup of boiling water. Cover and let cool. Take 1 cup daily. According to studies, the combination of Pygeum africanum with stinging nettle been shown to act by improving the amount of urinary flow and residual urine reduction.
- Follow a low fat diet – fish, skinless poultry, low-fat dairy products and five daily servings of fruits and vegetables. Limit saturated fat.
- Eat vegetables rich in lycopene. Besides tomatoes, it is also found in watermelon, red pepper, oranges, grapefruits, peas, beans, broccoli and cabbage. Lycopene has protective properties, because it is a powerful antioxidant that can decrease the chance of cancer.
- Consume soy. Low rates of prostate cancer in Japan may be associated with a diet rich in soy. Therefore, consumption of tofu, soy burgers or tempeh at least twice a week is recommended. Drink soy milk.
- Eating foods rich in zinc. Foods high in zinc promotes prostate health. Good sources are whole grains, seafood, mushrooms, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, Brazil nuts and almonds.
- Avoid excessive intake of certain dietary supplements. According to research the risk of contracting prostate cancer doubles in men taking high amounts of selenium and vitamin E. In men with high concentrations of selenium in the body, taking selenium doubles the risk, while men with low levels of this chemical element, taking vitamin E may increase the risk more than doubled.
- Carry out periodic checks to detect the problem in time that include performing a rectal exam and/or blood test to measure prostate specific antigen (PSA), a substance that is most abundant in men with prostate cancer.
- Exercise regularly and maintaining a healthy weight helps reduce the risk.
- Circumcision could reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
For want to know more about prostate cancer you can check Paseka.us