The stroke , or also known as cerebral infarction, it exists, and occurs when there is an interruption or reduction in the blood supply to the brain. Although the causes are varied, ranging from an arterial blockage from atherosclerosis to stroke, i.e. obstruction by a clot, knowing its first symptoms can be vital to prevent even greater damage. In this regard, you must bear in mind: the sooner you go to the doctor and is detected, the lower the consequences that may remain.
According to a study in the United States, on a sample of 400 patients, more than 40 percent of them and had not realized the problem they were having. For information purposes, and to help its early detection, we tell you some of the warning signs that may be warning of a stroke.
- On certain occasions, the stroke can begin with a sudden stunning, with a feeling of general weakness or paralysis in any area of the body: usually on the face, arm or leg – most of the time, experience of one side of the body.
- It can also occur as long as a difficulty to speak and to articulate the words. Well, you may be affected the ability to understand, to understand what someone else is saying.
- The vision can also be affected and the person may see double, blurry and poorly, also suddenly and not expected.
- The one who is a victim of a cerebral infarction can feel also sickness and loss of the stability, while you may receive a severe headache or stiff neck.
- Nausea and vomiting are also a warning signs, and a general sense of confusion, loss of memory or perception problems.