Do you have a urinary infection? When microorganisms invade the urinary tract it is likely that they begin to experience the symptoms of urine infection among which stand out the stinging when urinating, the constant feeling of having to go to the bathroom or discomfort in the abdomen area.
It is important to learn to detect these signs to start as soon as possible with the treatment that will help you to alleviate the discomfort and to be able to return to normal as soon as possible. In this article, we tell you how to treat urine infection both pharmacologically and with home remedies.
Steps to follow
1. Bacteria are usually the most common cause of urine infection; however, it can also occur because they have viruses, fungi or parasites. Be that as it may, the fact is that a person can detect if he suffers from this infection by learning to recognize his main symptoms among those that are:
- Constant feeling of wanting to urinate
- Pain and stinging when going to the bathroom
- Women may feel discomfort at the time of having sex
- More dark color of the urine
- It is possible that feel pain in the kidneys.
More serious infections can produce blood in the urine and other symptoms such as fever, nausea, and so on. If this is your case, go immediately to the doctor to treat you as soon as possible.
2. There are different methods of treating urine infection. At the pharmacological level, you should know that most of the time it is necessary to take painkillers although opting for antibiotics makes the discomfort and the symptoms disappear earlier.
To know how to choose between the most appropriate treatments, it is advisable to visit a doctor to assess what is best for you. Normally, if the cause of the infection is a bacterium, an antibiotic is usually prescribed; but if the agent that caused the infection is a fungus, the treatment will have to be a medicine that overrides this fungus and if it is a virus, the doctor will prescribe an antiviral.
In most cases, the treatment of the urine infection does not require hospital admission: the doctor will prescribe the medicines that you can take at home following the instructions given by the specialist. But, depending on the degree of infection that you are suffering or if there is any complication, it may be necessary to enter to fight the virus and get control of the infection.
3. If you prefer natural treatments, here are the home remedies for urine infection that will reduce symptoms and eliminate the infection:
Birch Infusion: It is a very diuretic mixture that will help us to purify the organism from within. In addition, the birch is an ingredient that gets clean the kidneys ensuring its proper functioning. To treat the urinary infection you will have to take an infusion 3 times a day and you will notice how you feel better.
Coconut water and oil: Coconut contains a very strong antibacterial that helps eliminate the bacteria that causes urine infection. Coconut water, in particular, cleanses the kidneys in depth and promotes purification through urine. To carry out this home remedy we will only have to take two tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil during the day and 1 cup of coca water on an empty stomach and just before going to sleep.
4. The food is also essential to eliminate urine infection from the body naturally. There are some ingredients that have powerful benefits to fight infections as well as diuretic properties that work perfectly to treat just this condition. Here we detail the most recommended foods to cure it:
Blueberries: It is the star ingredient to relieve urinary tract infection and can be taken directly fresh or, if you prefer, a juice made with this fruit. This food prevents the bacteria from sticking to the walls of the urethra, which will contribute to the elimination of the bacteria.
Asparagus: It is a purifying and laxative food that manages both to prevent and eliminate infections. It is also a diuretic ingredient that contributes to the elimination of toxins naturally.
Radish: It contains antibiotic properties which is also an ideal ingredient to treat and prevent these infections. You can include it in your fresh salads or make a radish juice.
Watermelon: It is a fruit with a high content of water and, therefore, promotes the internal cleaning of your body. It is also an ingredient that refreshes the kidneys and manages to relieve the symptoms and discomfort of infections.
5. In addition to knowing how to treat this condition, it is important that you know how to avoid suffering from it again. It is true that there are people who are prone to have this type of infection but by carrying out specific hygiene and measures of routine, which will be better protected against the bacteria or viruses that cause this disease. So, to avoid urine infection takes note of these tips:
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day to get rid of the body and eliminate toxins.
- Do not resist the urge to go to the bathroom and whenever you go try to empty yourself completely, so that you will be cleaning yourself in depth each time you urinate.
- Maintain a proper intimate hygiene: when you go to the bathroom, always try to clean from front to back; it is also recommended that the soap you use for your intimate area is Neutral pH.
- It is also advisable to go to the bathroom whenever sexual intercourse is maintained to eliminate possible bacteria or viruses that may cause the appearance of such infection.
- Wear cotton clothes to promote ventilation in the intimate area.